Thursday, December 15, 2005

One Genuine Doubt

I might just lose all my beloved female readers because of this post. Caveat Emptor, All Ye Members Of The Fairer Sex. Do take it in a lighter spirit. In fact, I would advise you to take some spirit and then read on.


Yesterday... was watching some Marathi movie... there was this scene where a girl (A) asks a female friend (B) to accompany her to the toilet. B asks, "Has it started?" A replies, "No." I stared at the TV screen and asked, "Then Why?" I mean, why is it that females prefer emptying their...well whatever, in pairs. In fact, GROUP is the right word. Its almost as if "Come, let's go for a picnic." As simple as that.

The only time I tried to clear my doubt, I was met with cries of "Eeeee" and "Yuck" and a 'You Cheapo' curl of the eyebrows (by girls) and howls of laughter (boys will be boys). My reply "Its not a matter to laugh about" was seconded by the former, though I got thrashed when I added "it does make me go yuck" not-so-under my breath. What followed was a discourse on female-bonding. Beating around the bush, I said. And got promptly beaten up, till I found a bush to hide my battered body.

Just to prove my point, I have been plotting the number of females that enter a loo hand in hand. My entry for the IgNoble Awards. And the results so far bear testimony. The average (as of now) is 2.85. As I am typing this, I can hear giggles emanating out of the hallowed precincts at my workplace. Shhh! The door has opened. And out comes... one, two, three, four. Four females. See, I told you. If I add it to my sample study, the average stands at 2.90476.

The WHY persists. Any ideas.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya man even i am curious to know the reason. Somebody please enlighten me and dhanno.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

hahahaha...this is too hilarious...EXCELLENT POST...I must admit U R a great Observer...And yeah! I know this happens...infact there was this friend of mine in college who used to take exactly 2 people with her to the loo, and if she found just one prson, she wouldnt go at all...hahaha...though I havent been indulging into this interesting groupism-during-peeing activity, I do have an idea of why this happens...most of the times, the reason behind this is to be able to GOSSIP better(freely). Also some women take along with them a huge kit of make-up stuff(it may seem to u like just a small pouch, but there'll be like 100 odd things in there),so once they dress themselves up, they need to ask another's opinion about how they look(like if the lipstick is matching,the eye-liner or mascara is not too gordy,etc.) before they come out and exhibit themselves in front of the others especially men,(if only they knew that most men have no idea of what is a liner or a mascara, LOL!!)...Newichways,yet another reason could be some kinda assistance required during the dress up,menstrual cycles,etc...But I thought this activity was restricted to college going 'wannabe females' only...Didnt really know that it happens in offices too...I hope by now Hansraj has been enlightened and ur genuine doubt is sloved...If not,then as part of ur study on the matter, I reckon u take a sneak-peak into one of the ladies loos next time.
cheers!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

@ Surya - Thank you for enlightening us poor souls. Now that you have mentioned about the ubiquitous bag that females carry, let me tell you that a good friend of mine once did allow me a peek into it, and what I saw amazed me. I shall discuss those in some future post.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie which you were watching was "Sat chya aat Gharat" and the reference in this dialog was to the periods

8:25 AM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

@ Anonymous - Hey, thanks for the name of the movie. BTW, how did you know which movie I was referring to? Anywhichways, it would be much better if you could disclose your name rather than staying anonymous. Cheers, Mate!!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home