Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wisecracks Ain't Always Wise

Way back in 1998 (I think), was out on a date watching some atrocious Hindi movie. Early into the movie I had pronounced my verdict, both, on the movie as well as my female companion, coz she just wasn't the type to keep a conversation going. So I decided to catch up on the proverbial forty winks. Just as my dreams of what-could-have-been were reaching its climax (pun intended), I was rudely awakened.

She: Why are you sleeping?!
A question, which when put down on paper results in an Interrobang at the end of it. For the mentally challenged, asking something out of incredulity.

Me: So that I can boast, I slept with you.

A smart-ass kick-ass reply. Of all the one-liners that I come up with from time to time, this has been by far the best. I'm still proud of this spur-of-the-moment-without-batting-an-eyelid comment.

Needless to say, the humour was all lost and that was the last I heard from her. In fact, last heard, she was happily married and (I presume) SLEEPING with her husband. Talk of Irony....

4 Comments:

Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

hey, i feel that was indeed a wisecrack....guess ur companion wasnt wise enough to get the point.
cheers!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

@ Surya - Yeah Yeah. I know. Pretty dumb, I have to admit. I mean this comment was in the league of those famous "How do you like your eggs? Boiled, Scrambled or Fertilised?" and "I've never been turned down. I only get turned on". I guess in the company of dumbos, we have to act a bit dumb ourselves. Anywhichways....

9:15 PM  
Blogger Ritesh Nadhani said...

Awesome crack.....damn..i should use it sometime!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Admin,

I tried to contact you by other contact us option but i could not find it. I know this comment will go under moderation and hence i am glad you will read it.
I am looking for some good potential sites like yours for link exchange. I reviewed your
site and found that, in SEO perspective your site is Perfect. Also, this would
be a great resource for my visitors.
I would request you to consider adding our website in your links.

The site I would like to suggest for inclusion is..

http://www.forexfreedownload.com



Here is the detail of the site..
Title : Forex Download
Description : An automated forex trading software for all forex trading needs.
Url: http://www.forexfreedownload.com

Your links will be added here after your approval.
http://forexfreedownload.com/forex-download.htm

I assure you both of us would be equally benefitted by this linking method.

Thank you very much for your time and support. I look forward to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
Lucky
luckyking05@gmail.com

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home