Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Saluting Manju

Wished to write this piece a couple of days back, as my reaction to this post by Gaurav.

I hope by now you all must have read newspaper reports about the IIM-L passout S Manjunathan, the IOC sales officer who was killed over a petrol adulteration row. Check the front page of today's (24/11/2005) Indian Express.

I hope his death makes a difference. A positive one, at that. I hope his death serves us all as a beacon of light in the cave of corruption and morass of moral decrepitude, that has become a way of life. And, I hope it changes our pee-in-the-pants-and-take-the-easier-way-out-at-the-first-sign-of-danger attitude that is prevalent all around us.

Saluting You, Manjunathan, the Rarest of Rare.
Rest In Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger HutumpaNcha said...

Glad to read your post on Manjunath. As I was one of the recipients of vitriol from the Greatbong, I think it is my moral duty to salute you on your positive post.
Good going!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

@Hutumpacha - Thanks and am humbled, Mate. Yeah, I read Greatbong's post and for once, I did not agree with his take on the issue. We would be a society of cowards if we follow his example. At times the thought of "whether it's worth it" gnaws me. But, if we don't stand up, what world will we be leaving for our future generations?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home