Friday, November 25, 2005

Stupidly Sania!!!

My heart skipped a beat everytime you stepped onto the court. I smiled at your T-shirt messages. I cheered your 'every-shot-is-your-last-shot' forehand, though I knew it would come a cropper in longer rallies. I loved your devil-may-care attitude, your spunk, your chutzpah. I debated with friends when they claimed you do not have the talent to be a Top-25 player. I fought with people who passed snide remarks at tennis woman's attire. At times, I wanted to hold you in my arms forever. At times, I wished to protect you the way brothers would protect their kid sisters. In short, I loved you, I adored you.
And then you said this.

Why??? Sania, Why???

Wouldn't it have been much better, if you had just said, "I do not believe in pre-marital sex. I will not have sex before marriage." Where was the need to involve Allah and Islam in what is essentially a matter of personal belief and choice? You invoked your Muslim lineage and your Indian ethos as a line of defence against media sensationalism. SHAME ON YOU.

Words. They fail me in expressing my outrage at your stupid statement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

umm...u really seem to have been passionate about her...and yes! she shouldnt have brought-in Islam,etc...sounds like a religious leader preaching...
but its ok...I think she got a lil carried away...I am also an admirer of Sania coz i really like her 'care-a-damn' attitude...especially the way she handled the apparel contro...did u watch the India Questions session with Sania on NDTV last week?...i think she gave really sensible and super answers.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home