Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nameless Faceless Commentless Readers

I am a small fish in an ocean. Alright, it would be wrong to classify the Indian blogosphere as an ocean. But, there are certainly some sharks present. OK! I am a new-born jhinga in a pond. Sorry about that last line.

But, I have my small set of readers. For the past 10 days or so, my sitemeter shows a slow and steady 50-60 hits per day. So there are people who read my blog. And, I believe around 20-25 of them might be typing my blog url every couple of days.
The hits increased by more than 50 between yesterday evening when I left office and today morning. Maybe, the outsourcing sweatshop slaves (as some stupid report classified them) who have nothing better to do, visit my blog. But how many of them leave a comment? Honestly, if you all actually don't have anything to do, why not leave a comment like "Hi. I am so-and-so. Your post on Peter North gave me dreams of the non-dry kind." or "The puke that you spew as writing sucks bigtime." Though if you do the latter then pardonez moi, but I might ask you to "Go and get a life", "Take a chill pill", "Buy yourself 10 kgs of sense of humour", etc. etc. And I wouldn't be too wrong, would I???

I can liken this phenomenon to my 110-member strong JBIMS yahoogroup where hardly five people send mails. And three of them send stupid forwarded jokes or 'you will be lucky if you forward this' kinda mails. The other two bash the daylights out of those three, albeit on cyberspace highway, for sending such mails. I really do not know why this happens. Is it that difficult for people to send an e-mail or just post a "Hello. Liked it." comment on blogs. It just takes 10 seconds.

I am sure, this post will receive comments only from the usual folks. Maybe, even they won't. The rest might read it and say, "What a loser! Writes lines starting with Maybe/OK/But/Honestly/Alright and expects us to comment and bloat his ego." Anywhichways...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, am back! This is not to comment on this post, i just thought i'll reply to what you said in the previous post. Firstly, am not the one to have made Surya the way she is today,(thanks for giving me the credits,though)coz surya according to me, is an exceptional girl and is like this due to her own self. Yes! she's very boyish because she JUST CANNOT BE a girl.(I just like her that way)
And about, mainstream being downstream,(In India, yes! i so totally agree with you)
take care, chao
ps - I wrote this comment here coz i thought u mite miss it out if i did it in the previous post

11:12 AM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

Hmmm...I really do not know what to comment on this fine post :-)
cheers!
(ps: Jhinga in the pond - LOL!)

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant totally undertsand what ur "going thru" when you have been on the blogosphere for a long time! i am the freshest jhinga and not even my sister wants to comment on my blog!! it's really sad!!

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the same anonymous as before! big time typo! it was not supposed to be "cant" it was supposed to be "can". Hey this just makes all of 4 comments on this blog!!

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better thinking you have some secret admirers...
LOL!!!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U ass why do u want ppl from JB to leave a comment at all?? And yes the post on Peter North was good. Write some more posts on such topics.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ab kya kahu main?! Ekdum barobar observe liya hai tum...trust me dude u write pretty well and dnt worry bout the comments..keep blogging and the comments WILL come..

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ab kya kahu main?! Ekdum barobar observe Kiya hai tum. oops sorry..

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one DJ. BTW, which 5 guys were you referring to from the JB yahoogroup ? And which are the two guys who beat the shit out of the others in cyberspace ? Waiting to hear from you

11:33 PM  
Blogger Abhi Binani said...

hey dhano( guess evn i can also call u dat.... :)
sry ya neva thot dat a comment means soo mch to a blogger, actly i hv startd readin the blogs very oflately..dat too starting wid urs and cant evn rem hw many mch articles i hv orredi read and a gr8 xperience evry time.....olthog neva left ne comments(thog i wantd to but dnt knw 4 wat reasn neva postd 1..)
goin gr8 sirjee......
its jst a beginning of the torrent... :)

2:23 AM  
Blogger Abhi Binani said...

ur a gr8 quizzer and ultimate writer.... but still wid veryy lil hopes i guess u wud be rememberin me....
i met u @ KIIT durin our colg's tech fest....evn had a snap wid U..... neva mind in case u dnt....... :)
ciao

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home