Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 Hindi Movies

Here is the list of Rediff Top-10 Indian movies in 2005.

My first reaction was: What? No, Black!!! Even though it was an overly melodramatic movie with grand sets and a bit too larger-than-life character portrayals, I still believe it deserves a mention. If Garam Masala could, then Black certainly does.

Another movie that should have been included is Black Friday, irrespective of the fact that it had to pulled out of the theatres for stupid reasons. Though, I myself haven't watched it, a couple of my friends who were fortunate enough to have, sing paeans of glory. Does anyone own a VCD? Please lend!!!

Fortunately, no Bunty Aur Babli. Just cannot understand how people found the movie funny?!

Ever since Tabu got impregnated by a ghost in the movie Hawa, I have steered myself clear of Bollywood ghost movies. That explains why I havent' seen Paheli. And most definitely would not want to touch movies like Bluffmaster, My Wife's Murder and Seher with a ten-foot pole.

All in all, a worthless Top-10 list.

My Top-5 Hindi movies would be Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Black, Iqbal, Black Friday and hmm.... Sorry, only four good movies in the year. Ok, remove Black as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

Black and Black Friday sure deserve a place...also Rituparno's Antarmahal(excellent film, watch it if u havent) and Ramu's Sarkar(atleast its better than Paheli or Garam Masala)...Infact, Rajnikanth starrer 'Chandramukhi' was also good enough...did not involve the much hackneyed larger-than-life stunts
cheers!!
surya

5:16 AM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

@ Surya - Sarkar definitely deserved a place in the Rediff Top-10, but not in mine. It was nowhere close to Satya, which is my benchmark for gangster movies. And, I haven't watched Antarmahal, so can't comment.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ritesh Nadhani said...

My wifes murder was good though. Something different!

Best year of the movie - Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi.

Heard Main, Meri patni aur woh was also good.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home