Thursday, June 08, 2006

Onward Ho, Life...

"Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear,
And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer....."

- Drive by Incubus

The last couple of weeks have been among the more traumatic ones in my life. Finally, the fog of uncertainty has been lifted. All that remains is darkness, which seems to be a much better outcome than having to guess whether its daytime or night.

Its just a queer trait, that I seem to fear uncertainty much more than actually dealing with failure. Travelling through the dark woods fills me with more fright than coming face-to-face with a ghost. The possibility of meeting a lion is more dreadful than confronting one.

There will surely be some groping around in the dark, but atleast there will be light sometime in the future. Its now upto me to search for it.

Machiavelli once said, "There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things." BUT I WILL. Onward Ho, Life...

4 Comments:

Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

yeah, I know how it feels to be uncertain, to have no clue at all of things in life...But, I'll tell you what? uncertainity also helps you cope with the result, even if it is failure...I mean understand, that it is because of the 'fear-engulfed' experience of walking thru' the dark forest that now you are even ready to take-on the lion...that 'uncertain ordeal' has made you feel that failure is a small mole-hill and not a fiery mountain.
Just like you always say, "every experience of life teaches certain things."
Am glad life is 'Onward' for you.
Cheers!!
(ps: Well written in such a short time :-)

1:26 AM  
Blogger CruciFire said...

I totally agree with surya on this... quite similar to ur 'friend's dilemma' post before, there are always times when people are so very uncertain of whr thr r going or whr they want to go... use uncertainity to be strong not afraid... might sound philisophical but thrs smthng in store for u buddy so just enjoy the ride and be happy, thats all that matters... and if all else fails, be like me - listen to some headbanging music, just chill and fcuk the world!!!

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best wishes for everything you want to do further. I know, you have the capability to achieve what you aspire to. I'm certain that you'll go great guns!!
All da best

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dhananjay!!
this is Shalaka(BMS-MCC)dont know whether you know me!!...but i have been reading your blog and i must say its simply FANTASTIC! especially in "Friend's dilema" i cud see the reflection of my thoughts...and also want to say that when we are uncertain, almost always we imagin the worst that may happen and unconciously prepare ourselves to encounter the WORST..so uncertainty in a way strenghtens our ability to face cruel future...
great going!!

Cheers!!!!

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home