Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm Back!!!

Though the title of the post might raise visions of a star blogger doing a back-with-a-bang sorta act, let me remind you all that this post will be the usual Dhanno-bakwaas.

First and foremost, a very big THANK YOU to each and everyone for mailing/messaging your Best Wishes for Brand Equity. Yeah, I sold myself off to be a part of the Derek Circus.

Just a couple of days back was filling up this Performance Appraisal form at my workplace. What stupidity!!! Total MBA bakwaas... 'Leverage my Learning' and 'Understand Customer Needs' and what not. Makes me puke on myself for having written all that.

Today morning, I saw this foreign chick clandestinely clicking my pic. On second thoughts, was she focussing her lens on the Victoria Terminus building behind me??? Anywhichways, in a few days time if you find some MMS clip with my morphed face, you know I am not to be blamed.

Finally managed to complete Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie. Took more than 2 weeks. When was the last time I spent more than 10 days on a book? Long long time back, Atlas Shrugged it was... At least, I read a Rushdie book in its entirety on the first attempt. Midnight's Children took me three tries. Currently, The Age of Reason by Jean Paul Sartre graces my hands.

Saw Carol graciasly walking the ramp after suffering a wardrobe malfunction. After around 10 viewings, I decided to concentrate my eyes a bit higher than the exposed part of her flesh and what I saw astounded me. Here she is, bare in front of all and not the slightest change in her expression. Either she is a thorough professional or it was staged. Who cares? Last heard, Maharashtra's Deputy Chief Minister (aka Grand Moral Guardian aka Pain-in-the-Backside) R R Patil has ordered an investigation into the entire matter. Just a small request, Patil Ji...Can I be a part of the committee??? I promise to probe deeper, where no Man has gone before....And where is that Gauhar Khan video my friends had promised???

Have missed all the three thrashings that England have received in the recent one-dayers. And the less said about the highlights package on DD Metro, the better. THE WORST PART about the show are those two idiots, one of whom wears a false Yankee Accent and the other whose sentences (and at times, even words) alternate between Hindi and English, playing the role of perfect killjoys by giving their expert comments on India's batting line-up and bowling strategy. (Note: The word 'expert' has been used loosely and in fact, completely in jest.) Oh, No. THE WORST PART is them announcing the result of the match at the start of the show. Sorry, Forgot. THE WORST PART is when they packed India's exciting run-chase in the 2nd one-dayer into a 5 min and 21 seconds quickie (might be less than that) and then proceeded on to bore the viewers for the next 10 minutes about where England went wrong and yada yada yada. Bottomline: DD SUCKS. Period. The last two words are mutually exclusive, though a certain section of the society does indulge in both. Sorry, I am digressing, coz., my sanity has come unstuck...


PS: Insomnia....Insanity

Thoughts, Dreams, Fantasies clouding my mind,
I lay awake, half-dead through the night,
Blood in my eyes, Tears in my veins,
Rebelled against casting her out of my sight.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me..at 11.30 AM on a wednesday morning how come u were making an entry in your blog?? I think i now know the reason why HSBC sold its stake in UTI bank. Brother, the fiesta better be at my door on 14th morning.... or else!!!
Btw, found Cold mountain on sunday.... will give u the review when we meet.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

Finally u posted!! About the Carol thing, today's papers say that the probe committe has given a clean-chit to the designers, so there you go.....
If I had to describe the last lines(the ones in bold) in one word, I would say ELOQUENT!!! Thats the word I usually use to describe my poetries....
Please please please indulge into some poetry, u can throw a feast at that for ur readers(essentially poetry lovers :-)....I know I have said this to u before.
cheers!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Hey, best of luck. Looking forward to Bombay winning the quiz.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...nice post for a comeback.. I wonder y all the fuss over the malfunction thing as if it was Pamela aunty... nyways, ALL THE BEST for the BEQ Dude...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jaldiquizzer said...

Your quizzing prowess was well known and it was always Quizzing Nirvana that I had visited.

But going through your posts on Sanity Unstuck for a couple of hours and especially the I,Me and Myself one has been worth the time spent on this Sunday evening.

Tough luck at the Brand Equity finals. You had the liberty to go buzzer happy and stayed in the hunt for the Ikon. But then, a comedy show like the Brand Equity is no test to the knowledge one possesses.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"usual Dhanno-bakwaas"....
ha ha ha!!!
Good to see you back!!n

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one for u......

Met two strangers, going their ways
near a pond where clear water stays,
Talked about themselves, shared their views
played in the green grass, danced with the dews.

As evening came they realised,
they could not be together as visualised.
They held hands and walked on
neither talked both appeared forlorn.

At the end of the path they parted ways,
with withered faces like a leaf decays.
But left with them were the memories of the day,
which neither could fade nor decay.
Good and bad moments with time pass away,
But enclosed in the heart their memories forever stay.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home